Property for sale in downtown Steamboat Springs
1161 Soda Ridge Way
MLS #7883751 | $1,250,000
6500 sq ft plus | 0.32 Acres | 8BD/6BA
Abundant space | Great for primary residence or investment opportunity | 2 City lots on premier downtown location | Potential to build 2 single family homes w/caretaker units | Redevelopment possibilities
- Continue the work on this unfinished masterpiece (Seller would consider Joint Venture option), or
- Make modifications to the structure to allow the construction of a second residence with caretaker, or
- Remove existing building and build two single family homes with caretaker units
Historical home (please click here for more photos)
This historic charmer sits on 0.32 acres in a quiet neighborhood on 12th and Oak Streets in the heart of downtown Steamboat. The unbeatable location offers incredible, iconic views and is within short walking distance to shops, restaurants, Colorado Mountain College, the library, Yampa River, Howelsen Hill and multiple parks. The property features several decks with 360 degree views, greenhouses, terraced gardens, and multiple guest suites. Bring your imagination to life! A creative opportunity for an investor or someone who appreciates historic homes, the possibilities for this property are endless. Per the Steamboat Springs Community Area Plan map, page 37, this property is supposed to be “Neighborhood Commercial” which would theoretically allow it to be zoned to CK-1, Commercial Oak-1. Rezoning of this property would need to be researched and is subject to City of Steamboat Springs approval.
As a lover of historic homes, the current owner of this property had a dream to renovate and expand a spectacular Victorian-style historic home. Each day was filled with a new adventure at the home – what is the next wonderful piece that would be designed and how would it enhance the existing structure while adding a quality of uniqueness? Below are some examples of those designs. Having to move on from this treasured property is a difficult decision, but the sellers are hopeful and optimistic that they will be able to hand it to someone who will continue the work on this unfinished masterpiece, which has been such a labor of love for them. This property is truly unique and one-of-a-kind, and the next owner could be someone who cherishes those attributes about it and will see the project through to fruition, unveiling its true potential, while customizing the renovations to meet specific needs and wants. If new Buyer would be interested in completing unfinished masterpiece, Seller would be happy to discuss potential Joint Venture option and help new owner complete this unique home. Please Click Here to see some of the Seller’s ideas.
What are the options?
- One option would be keeping the existing property and complete unfinished project the way that would fit your needs
- Of course, the property on which this home sits also holds intrinsic value. The potential exists to take the existing structure down and build a new, custom home on a phenomenal site. In that case, the sellers would help in the process by moving as much of the existing structure to their new location, if possible. Zoning on this site would allow for two single family homes, with or without caretaker units, creating an investment opportunity and presenting a rare opportunity to build two homes in a premier downtown location
- You could potentially make removals and modifications of part of the existing structure to allow construction of a second residence with caretaker
Property is located in downtown Steamboat Springs. It sits on the corner lot of 12th Street and Oak Street. Enjoy close proximity to all the amenities Downtown Steamboat Springs has to offer. Property is within walking distance to Colorado Mountain College, Howelsen Hill, Mt. Werner Library, Yampa River, Emerald Mountain and only 4 miles from Steamboat Springs World Class Skiing. With such a desirable location, this property would make a great primary residence or investment opportunity.
Please contact me if you would like to learn more about this unique opportunity in Steamboat Springs, CO.